Sunday, July 31, 2011

That's Cool!

There is a price to pay for "being cool". See, I have this theory, that one of the things that has gotten us to where we are as a nation and as a society is our absolute yearning to be "cool!"  We all want to be accepted. Now when I say "we", I'm speaking of the collective "we".Remember  that kid in school that stayed in trouble all the time that kept trying to get you to do the same things he was doing?  The one who would say "oh come on! do it! No one's gonna know". (that kid's in Congress now running our country). We did a lot of dangerous and reckless things, some of which we did because everybody else was doing them.  Well, as the babyboom generation ages, we are paying the price of being "cool". I'm pretty sure that Steve Jobs was that kid that always asked the teacher one last question after the bell rang, forcing the whole class to endure a few more moments of the educational process. I read somewhere that Apple was worth more than the Federal Government now. Talk about "Revenge Of The Nerds"! Just a final thought, I don't think we have really arrived as individuals until we can say "This is who I am, I'm happy with who I am, and if you don't like it..................well, that's cool"

No comments:

Post a Comment