Sunday, August 14, 2011

Get Over It!

I have a confession to make and I really don't know if it's a good thing or a bad thing. Might be a character flaw or a gift, I just don't know. I do realize that I have not always been this way. Probably only in the last few years have I gotten to this point, and only today do I have the courage to admit it.  I SIMPLY CAN NOT STAY MAD AT ANYONE!!!...Seriously!  You'd think I could harbor some resentment, a bit of a grudge, something!! BUT NO!! Ex-wives, ex-girlfriends, ex-casual acquaintances, ex-friends..(that's not to say that they might not have every right to be pissed at me)..I have the ability to just move on, wipe the slate clean. You can waste a lot of valuable time being ticked off and it takes a lot of energy too. I for one would rather use that energy, along with the emotional investment, on something far more enjoyable. One of my favorite quotes is by Catherine Ponder-"“When you hold resentment toward another, you are bound to that person or condition by an emotional link that is stronger than steel. Forgiveness is the only way to dissolve that link and get free.”   Two of the most important things I have learned over the years are this: First, Jealousy is a total waste of emotion, and second, hate and resentment will burn you up from the inside out. Well I guess I've learned other stuff too but I have to save something for the next blog!. Sometime it's best to move on, let it go, or as The Eagles said so well, "Get Over It".

No comments:

Post a Comment